Wednesday 6 July 2011

Love, marriage and babies.....

It has been one hell of a Fantastic week!!

I kicked my week off by starting with a date with a lovely guy by the name Nikos with whom I spent the afternoon eating sushi and drinking wine spritzers with talking about art, movies, books and culture! It was probably the most intellectual conversation I have had in a long time and I was surprised that I was able to keep up! Although we had much to talk about there was no spark and I didn't feel the desire to rip his clothes off.....what? On my imaginary check list that is a must to make me want to see them again, it doesn't mean I want to rip them of there and then....ok, sometimes it does!!

I spent the rest of the week in Leeds helping my friend Lizzie prepare for her upcoming nuptials. I met this girl about 3-4 years ago when she was a client in the salon I work At and straight away we got on!! Similar sense of humour, same great taste in fashion and generally coolness...lol. I soon met her fella again in the salon and I could see how they were drawn to each!
Rewind a year from now and I was getting sent a picture message of her hand (which first I looked at her nails) and then noticed the beautiful sparkler adorning her engagement finger!!!
She asked me to do the hair for the wedding, but not before asking me to be a guest first. I accepted both offers.
Fast forward a year and we are standing in a church for the rehearsal and 2 days before the wedding they are both asking me to be bridesmaid....what started off as joke very soon turned serious. I was so happy that they had asked me...even though it was a few months late but better late than never, lol!!! Best part, I got to go shoe shopping the next day!!!

The day itself went without a single bump in the road; the hair was perfection, the dresses fitted perfectly and the groom was waiting at the church, result!!!
They chose to walk down the asile to a personal favourite song of mine by Jimmy eat world and I could already tell that it was going to be a special day!!!

Now I have been lucky enough to have been to a mixture of family and friends wedding before but this was the best one I have been too!!! I measure that by the fact that I cried for the first time at a wedding numerous times during the course of the day; once when they kissed for the first time, during the speeches when her papi was talking about love and his late beloved wife and when Lizzie herself took the stage and gave a speech and could only muster a thank you to her bridesmaids through her own tears, and now again as I relive it....*breathe Sassy*

Everyone in the circle around the bride and groom have really formed a bond with each other, we are all looking forward to a reunion and an eagerly awaited dinner at little tokoyo!

It was also a very important day for someone else too, my best friend Kerry had a beautiful little baby girl called Lola. I received the text just as I got in the wedding car leaving for the church and it just made it an even more fansptasic day!! An Aunty and a bridesmaid all in one day!!!

And if i wasn't already a big ball of love and happiness, it seems on the way I have found a little piece of happiness for myself too!

Love, Sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment